The Make Art at TAC program offers term-based and casual art classes run by professional artists.
Register your interest for 2023 classes here
Introduction to Painting with Lily Platts
- 6 week introduction to painting intensive to round out the year
- 6-8pm on Thursdays (10 November -15 December)
- $210 per term
Book for the Intro to Painting class with Lily Platts class here
Ever wanted to learn how to paint? Hoping to dust off the brushes? Join painter Lily Platts for a 6-week intensive that will take you through the basics of painting and give you the confidence to begin to discover your own self expression through paint.
You will be introduced to watercolour and acrylic paint and explore concepts such as colour theory, composition and form. Throughout the class, Lily will introduce you to artists that uses these concepts and break down the ways that you can apply this to your own work. No experience is required and all are welcome! All materials included!
The class will cover:
- Introduction to materials, quick sketching using watercolours and how to compose an image.
- Painting using tone, exploring light and dark.
- Deep dive into colour theory
- Colour mixing and learning to get the colour you want
- Exploring different ways of applying paint on the page and the range of tools used in painting
- Finding your on voice the final week will allow the artist to explore what interests them and make an image that reflects this!
Lily Platts is an artist based in Canberra. Since a child growing up on the Monaro in southern NSW, Lily has always had a fascination with the world around her. Lily experiments with the application of paint and use of colour, pushing the different ways to best express herself on the canvas. Her work uses recognisable imagery such as a chair to tell a story and give a sense of the people existing in the world Lily imagines. Lily will teach the Making Time arts class for seniors.
Lily has been teaching art classes for the last 8 years and loves sharing her passion for art. For the last two years Lily has been working at TAC as a Messenger tutor and has given her expertise in developing the new art classes that are running at the Arts Centre. Lily is teaching the seniors art class and the introduction to painting class.