The Song of the Animals
School holiday art workshops in July
The Song of the Animals is a crowd illustrated e-book for young children. We are inviting community to submit their illustrations of animals and landscapes in response to the rhymes. All artwork will be included!
Location: Woden Library
Register: Click here to register for the workshops. Places are limited to 20 per workshop.
Dates & times:
- Saturday 2nd July 10am-11am children of all ages welcome
- Thursday 7th July 3-4pm children of all ages welcome
- Monday 11th July 11am-1pm adults workshop
- Tuesday 12th July 10-12pm adults workshop
The Woden Arts Program has been invited to contribute to this wonderful project led by Woden Community Services.
Who can join in
Everyone! All ages, all abilities. We are all artists each in our own way and this project celebrates the diversity of how we see the world.
How to join in
- Join in one of the workshops
- Read the rhymes and guess the answer the question
- Draw, sketch, or paint your submission.
- Take a high quality photo of your illustration to be included in the e-book b
You can also draw the landscapes described on the e-book pages at home and submit it online.
And you can submit as many animals as you like!
Here is the current version of the online book.
This will be updated fortnightly with new submissions so that the creation of the book can be tracked and checked into regularly, like a live book making project! Watch the book as it changes and grows.