Sign up to E-news to stay up to date!×
Artwork: Lizzie Hall, Self portrait with broken hula hoop, 2017, vitabrits, gesso, PVA, pigment, paintbrush, hula hoop. Photo by Emily Hanlon

Here is a list of frequently asked questions we get from people looking at hiring our beautiful spaces.

Feel free to call us on 6293 1443 if you have any other questions.

Do I need my own Public Liability Insurance?

Yes, TAC requires all hirers to hold their own public liability insurance to the value of $20,000,000AUD. A copy of your Certificate of Currency must be provided to secure your booking.

Do you have wheelchair/mobility restricted access?

Yes, our building is accessible via ramps and we have an elevator between floors. Arrangements can be made to accommodate mobility restricted persons in our theatre.

Will my event be affected by COVID-19 restrictions? 

Yes, our venue spaces have capacity restrictions based on current COVID-19 guidelines.  These are reviewed when the government updates the restrictions.  Our staff will discuss these with you as necessary. 

Is there parking available at the Centre?

There is limited parking available at the Centre for staff and people with disabilities, as well as, loading bays. There is on-street parking nearby and paid parking across the road on Cowlishaw street.

Can I provide my own technical support?

Yes, however TAC requires all Theatre hirers to undergo an induction session with our technician. Hirers will only be permitted to use technical equipment if TAC staff are satisfied they can do so safely.

Can you provide catering for my event?

Yes and No. TAC can provide basic tea and coffee facilities and we may operate a pay-bar for certain events. However, we do not currently have the facilities to provide other catering.

Can I hold a birthday party at Tuggeranong Arts Centre?

No, Tuggeranong Arts Centre spaces are not available for private parties. We cater to community and arts organisations, non-profits and commercial clients for meetings, conferences, classes, seminars, music/comedy/theatre performances, information sessions, and public programs.

Will TAC promote my event and/or handle ticket sales?

No, as a general rule hirers are responsible for all of their own marketing, promotions, and sales. In limited circumstances TAC will make special arrangements with organisations and individuals to be part of our TAC program. Please contact staff to discuss.

Can I use your space for an event with young children?

Yes, most of our spaces are suitable for events with children under 9 years of age. Children can access our galleries and/or theatre for public events only when accompanied by a parent or guardian. The Hunting Lodge is the exception.

Do you require a deposit?

Yes, depending on the scale of your event and the venue/s required we do request upfront payment of a security deposit to secure your booking.

Do I have to pay for a duty manager?

If your event is outside our standard operating hours you may be required to pay for the cost of a duty manager.

I’m a business owner, can I hire your space/s for commercial workshops or classes?

Yes, provided that your classes are appropriate to our venue and do not conflict with other offerings. Please contact staff to discuss.

I’m a producer/touring musician, can I perform at Tuggeranong Arts Centre?

Yes, Tuggeranong Arts Centre maintains a constant and thriving program of events and performances. We offer the hire of our spaces for external productions, as well as, facilitating partnerships with producers/musicians as part of our own program. Please contact staff to discuss the best option for your performance.